Hello everyone, you just tried to write a message on the social network Facebook but found a contact button, although you expected a message button. Why did this happen? What are the possible reasons for this?
This is most likely because you visit a commercial/business Facebook page that people reach by calling.
What does the contact button on Facebook means?
The contact button on Facebook is for calling, not chatting. So by clicking the Contact button on the Facebook app (not messenger), you will have to select the Audio call, or Video call you to want to make.
- Audio call: This is reminiscent of a normal phone call during which sound is transmitted.
- Video call: It is a direct video call that is transmitted with the help of a camera. This way, you send the image and receive your contact image with the help of the camera.
Occurs when a contact button appears instead of a big blue message button. What could this mean?
Why does it say call now on Facebook instead of message?
This is most likely a commercial/business Facebook page that people reach by calling them. Therefore, you will see the call button instead of the messaging button. But you can still write a message on that page.
- Why does a person disappear from people you may know on Facebook?
- What is Laz+nxCarLW Facebook code?
- Facebook keeps saying I’m offline. What’s happening?
- How to create an event on Facebook (Pictures)
Why does it say contact instead of message on a Facebook friends profile?
Although I have never personally encountered the Contact option on Facebook. After researching, I found out that if you see the contact button, you see the instead of message button. It may be because of it:
- The friend’s phone number is in your phone address book.
- The friend’s email address is in your phone address book.
- Your friend doesn’t have a messenger app on his phone.
- Your friend uses Facebook apps from third parties.
For the above, you may see Contact instead of messaging. If this is the case for any other reason, please leave a response in the comments section.