Acer is for you if you are on a budget and need a good monitor. By buying Acer, you can expect the most advanced features at an affordable price. These monitors are high-definition, and they will not let you down.
How good are Acer monitors?
Acer monitors have a great number of features, like:
- Variety of styles and designs
- High performance with almost no lag.
- Monitors are more than capable of running big complex programs.
- Some of the Acer monitors even have the special feature of Killer Doubleshot Pro, which will come in handy when working on several different projects at once.
- Height adjustment so you can easily set up your monitor at whatever height fits you best.
With its aesthetically pleasing monitors and extremely durable hardware design, Acer is loved by many. Still, some people say that it can have issues under its warranty periods, and from all of the monitors they had, Acer monitors had the most issues.
Are Acer monitors good for gaming?
Acer has a lot of special features for gaming like:
- Minimum 144Hz refresh rate
- HD display with the NITRO VG1 monitor.
- Some monitors might offer HD display, some 4k display, and even 8k display!
Many people choose Acer monitors for gaming and say that they have all the above features. But some say that they are lacking some things, like:
- The monitors have just the Basic feature set
- Are too expensive for the number of features they give
- A too little number of ports.
- They can’t maintain even a 144Hz refresh rate
- Tinny speakers
- Skewed color accuracy
- Relatively low resolution.
- Limited video inputs.
So, you can see that some people say things contrary to what others say, so it’s up to you. An Acer monitor can be a great solution if your budget is really limited.
Are Acer Predator monitors good?
Acer Predator monitors are a separate high-end line for gaming monitors. Production of this line for gaming enthusiasts started in 2008 and continues to this day. Predator matures well-established among players who are usually happy with that name. Below we discuss the pros and cons of the Predator series monitors.
The Acer Predator is a good monitor for most uses. It has:
- exceptional ergonomics
- good peak brightness,
- 4k resolution,
- high refresh rate,
- supports HDR,
- excellent low input lag
But every monitor has its pros and cons. Acer Predator monitor’s cons would be:
- Speakers aren’t great.
- Only two video inputs.
- A wide base stand.
- IPS glow noticeably during dark scenes in gaming or movies.
In conclusion, I would say that the monitors in the Predator line are perfect for casual gamers. Furthermore, since the quality of the speakers is not very important when using headphones as well, 2 video outputs usually satisfy every player.
Are Acer Nitro monitors good?
Acer Nitro screens are a more mid-end gaming-oriented brand and cost less than monitors under the Predator name.
- Moderately priced for the performance.
- Uses IPS-based panel technology
- Low input lag.
- Wide viewing angles.
- Excellent ergonomics.
- Good visibility in bright rooms.
- The overall build could be a bit sturdier.
- The circular stand doesn’t allow for alternative keyboard placements.
- Lower results in color-gamut testing
- Doesn’t get bright enough for HDR.
- Mediocre contrast ratio.
- Significant backlight bleeding.
- Tinny onboard speakers.
- Requires two DisplayPort cables for 4K 144Hz mode.
- Unable to maintain HDR or G-Sync at 144Hz refresh rate.
Acer Nitro monitors are more suitable for older games or players for which 144 Hz is irrelevant.
- Does duplicating displays affect performance? Short answer.
- What Resolution is 3840×1080? Explained.
- Is 75Hz Good for Gaming – Gamer Opinion
It is difficult to answer whether Acer monitors are good or bad. “Acer is a reputable brand that has been in the industry for a prolonged period. Acer is perfect at producing high-quality electronics, including display screens. In addition, they are leading innovators and employ the best technologies to ensure their users enjoy the best features in a monitor”. But you can’t succeed in everything, so Acer has its pros and cons, the number of which is usually reflected in the price.