Have you ever imagined that your watch would be able to tell you how much your body battery is left? Of course, I didn’t expect it either, but I was surprised after purchasing a Garmin watch. Garmin body battery functionality is available in almost all newer Garmin watches. I will leave a compatibility list in the article button.
Maybe I was a bit under a rock because, as I understand it, the Garmin body battery has been used in watches since 2018. So Garmin has had quite a bit of time to perfect this functionality by now. What we will talk about.
Accuracy of Garmin body battery
I’ve had the watch for almost a month, and what can I say? Body battery accuracy is just incredible. The body battery perfectly reflected my physical condition and mood. After asking in Facebook groups, I discovered that the Garmin body battery often provides accurate data and can even warn of impending health ailments. But how does it work, and why are the numbers so accurate?
How Garmin body battery works?
Garmin figured out a great way to use all the collected information using a smartwatch and created a very interesting functionality that shows your body’s battery level. Garmin body battery is calculated from data collected from steps, heart rate (also the time between heartbeats), activities, stress, sleep and other data . Body battery is calculated from the combination of these data.
Generally speaking, when you rest, your battery level increases. However, when you engage in any activity that requires energy, your body’s battery level decreases. The maximum capacity of the body battery is 100 (I haven’t reached 100 yet, but people say they do), and the lowest limit, at least for me, is 5.
Therefore, if you get a good night’s sleep, your body’s battery level will be high, and after a hard day of work or training, your body’s battery level will be low.
Next, I’ll look at my body’s battery levels and describe why and how much the battery level has dropped and risen.
My body battery analysis
- Tuesday, I had a bad sleep of only 5 hours and 43 minutes. I even woke up several times at night from the heat, which explains the low battery recharge.
- Are you seeing a slight uptick? This was the moment at work when I told a colleague I would take a break and do nothing. After some time, after checking the body’s battery, I noticed signs of charging. I remember how my colleague and I joked that it’s good that our bosses don’t see this data.
- Wednesday, I had a normal sleep of 6 hours and 43 minutes. Unfortunately, this sleep was not enough to raise the body’s battery level to a 90+ level, but the morning was much better than the day before.
- Thursday, I had average sleep of 6 hours and 8 minutes and was not happy in the morning. And as you can see later, I had a rough day at work.
- I worked my job overtime and had some stressful moments. I worked almost until midnight, and when I returned home, I was exhausted.
- After overtime, my boss let me come to work later on Friday, so I decided to let myself sleep in. I slept a total of 9 hours and 36 minutes. After sleeping, I felt well rested, as my body battery showed.
- On Saturday I get up after a good night’s sleep. I slept a total of 7 hours and 47 minutes, the curve dropped to the bottom due to the fact that I ran an unprecedented distance of 4 miles.
- On Sunday, the curve didn’t go that low because I hardly did anything, just rested.
- As you can see, I also had a good sleep, after which I was fully prepared for Monday’s working day. So that’s how I felt, very good, in the mood to move mountains.
This was my analysis for the week. I will add to this article if I get sick with Covid-19 or catch a cold, and then I will give you the numbers displayed by the Garmin body battery.
How to use body battery provided information?
Plan your day
Get the idea of how you prepared for the day. If your battery level is still high after a long day at work, why not do some exercise or do some other activities with your family?
If you wake up and your battery is 20 or lower than before sleep, it is a good indicator that something is not good. So maybe you should take your day easy, try to rest, and not do some physical activities.
I read in some forums that guys had low battery numbers before getting sick with Cov-19, and after getting sick, the battery didn’t charge until the person recovered.
Now you have a proof
Of course, you shouldn’t use such things in a relationship, but I explained to my wife how the Garmin body battery works and how accurate it is. So now, after a very hard day, when the body battery reaches 5, and she asks me for something like visiting her mom, I show her the body battery metric and say I want to rest today.
But don’t manipulate the numbers because she/he may ask you to show body battery when you say when you’re tired, even though you are not. 😀
Garmin body battery compatible Watch List
The watches listed below support the Garmin Body battery. If you have one of these watches, you can monitor your body’s battery level.
Approach S62, D2 Air, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 Series, Descent Mk2 Series, Enduro Series, epix (Gen 2) Series, fenix 6 Series, fenix 7 Series, Forerunner 245 Series, Forerunner 255 Series, Forerunner 45 Series, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 745, Forerunner 945 Series, Forerunner 955 Series, Garmin Swim 2, Instinct Series, Instinct 2 Series, Lily Series, MARQ Collection, quatix 6, quatix 7 Series, tactix 7 Series, tactix Delta Series, Venu Series, Venu 2 Series, vivoactive 4 Series, vivomove 3 Series, vivosmart 4, vivosmart 5.
- Garmin HRV: Everything you need to know.
- Garmin Acute Load: What you need to know.
- How to install free topo map on Garmin watch for hiking
- Casio G-Shock GW-7900B. Battery change.
- Can’t control the volume on the Garmin watch? That’s why.
I like this Garmin feature, but I suggest you use it wisely. Just try not to become addicted to these body battery metrics and use common sense. If you have any observations or other experiences, please share them in the comment section.