Have you just recently bought Wyze v3 security camera? Now wondering what is the best micro SD card for this device? Official manufacturers declare that the maximum Wyze cam v3 SD card size is 32 GB, but there are ways to increase allowed memory capacity.
I want to mention that Wyze cam is a great purchase, it is one of the most popular surveillance cameras nowadays. It is a huge success because of its price – costs less than 40 (you can buy it here) USD and has a 1080p HD recording quality. The design of Wyze cam v3 is really modern and solid, which will definitely not spoil the home interior or exterior.
Wyze Cam v3 setup guide
But first, do you know how to start Wyze Cam v3? There is official simple setup guide.
Before you begin, setup:
- Download the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Connect your device to a 2.4GHz WiFi network.
- Unpack your Wyze Cam v3 box, removing all plastic and packing materials.
- Plug the camera into power using the included USB cable and power adapter.
- The camera’s status light will turn solid red when powered. When flashing, it’s ready for setup.
To set up your Wyze Cam v3:
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, and then tap + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device.
- Tap Cameras > Wyze Cam v3.
- With your camera plugged into an outlet, tap Next in the app.
- Pull the base from your camera and single-press SETUP under the camera. It will say “Ready to connect”
- In the app, check the box next to “I heard, “Ready to connect”.”
- Tap Next.
- Select your 2.4GHz WiFi network and enter your network password. Tap Next.
- Tap the icon in the password field to display the password to ensure it was entered correctly.
- Scan the QR code on the Wyze app.
- Hold your camera up to your phone screen with the QR code displaying. It will say “QR code scanned, please wait.” then “Setup completed.”
- In the app, check the box next to “I heard, “QR code scanned”.”
- Tap Next. You’re set up, it’s time to name your device.
- Name your Wyze Cam v3 using the text field, or by choosing a suggestion.
- Tap Finish when done.
- If you want to share your device, tap Share Device.
- If not, tap, Maybe later.
What Size SD Card is compatible with Wyze Cam v3
Often when trying to insert a card larger than 32 GB – it just simply doesn’t work, but why? Your micro SD card must be formatted in FAT32 format and not in exFAT format. Wyze cam SD card size can be more than 256 GB.
To be fair, FAT32 is a slightly older format than exFAT, but is still, one of the main formats (FAT32) used in various recording devices.
Formatting micro SD card to – FAT32 format
Changing the format from exFAT to FAT32 is definitely not a complicated thing. Anyone who is able to turn on the computer will be able to do it themselves.
On Windows (if you have a card reader): you just need to go to “My computer”, press the right mouse button on your SD card and then press Format, after that a new window will pop up where you can choose “File system” to FAT32, and then click “Start”.
If it does not work, download RUFUS portable version, then Under “Boot Selection”, select Non-Bootable and Under “File System”, select FAT32.
On Phone (Android): go to “Settings” then press “Device care”, tap for “Storage”, after that press “Advanced”, select your SD card, and press “Format”. Keep in mind that your SD card should be installed in the phone.
Micro SD card for Wyze cam v3
From my point of view all micro SD memory cards look the same but should be aware that they are divided into three classes.
- Speed Class: HD/Full HD video (depending on Card speed) and Standard Video
- UHS Speed Class: 4k Video, HD/Full HD video and Standard Video
- Video Speed Class: 8K Video, 4k Video, HD/Full HD video and Standard Video
Wyze Cam v3 recording for FHD 1920x1080p quality, which means any UHS Speed class micro SD card will work with this device.
The best Wyze Cam v3 SD Card
As everyone knows, the more memory, the fewer problems. We will present three optimal results that are suitable for the Wyze cam v3. If the camera breaks down, or needs changing, you can always use the memory card on other devices.
Best overall is SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS EVO Select 256GB
As you can understand, the size of these micro SD cards is 256 GB. The memory card is MicroSDXC UHS-I U3 category. Samsung has produced a high quality and relatively cheap memory card.
A reliable producer Sony M series SDXC UHS-II Card 256GB
The Japanese manufacturer Sony is well known for its quality equipment. It’s also widely known that Sony is not the cheapest brand in the market, therefore, their memory cards also cost their memory cards are also somewhat expensive.
One of the main players in the market – SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO
SanDisk is one of the largest manufacturers of memory cards. It is a subsidiary of an American company – Western Digital. Their cards are also of high quality, only their price is often slightly higher than their main competitor’s, Samsung.
- BEST MINI SPY CAMERA 2021
- DMSS for Windows. Equivalent for PC SmartPSS.
- Can you trust computer repair shops? Guide on How to Protect Sensitive Information.
Of course, it is always possible to buy a micro SD card with less memory, in which case the amount of money spent will be less. Most importantly, keep in mind that the most suitable micro SD card for the Wyze Cam v3 is UHS Speed class.
If you have more questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section. We hope that this article was helpful to you.